The Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) program aims to reduce poverty in the developing countries of ASEAN and to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The mid-career component of the SEED program offers opportunities for professional development through short-term courses in Canada, aligned with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, that could include (but not limited to) the following priority sectors:
People also read: Top Scholarship Opportunities for Students in Canada
- Gender Based Analysis;
- Performance management/deliverology/results based management/performance audit;
- Financial management/comptrollership/project management;
- Financial technologies; and,
- Climate change adaptation/environmental sustainability/environmental impact assessment.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to identify the Canadian institution and the short-term course of their choice in their applications. DFATD will not provide any assistance to match potential candidates and Canadian institutions. Applications will be assessed on their respective merits regarding the criteria established below.
Information on Canadian institutions and the short-term programs they offer is widely available through EduCanada and other associations. EduCanada offers information on study and research institutions in Canada including a three step search tool for postsecondary programs, visa and study permit information and a study cost estimate.
The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials maintains a directory of educational institutions in Canada that may also be consulted.
Eligible institutions include:
- Any registered Canadian post-secondary institution listed in one of the sites noted above;
- Not-for-profit organizations offering professional development programs; and
- Private specialized institutes offering professional development programs.Who applies:
- mid-career professionals from an ASEAN member state;
- mid-career professionals from academia, civil society, the private sector (with a focus on micro, small and medium-sized businesses, and on social enterprises), and the public sector (including ministries, parastatals, state-owned enterprises, legislative and judicial bodies);
- A mid-career professional, for the extent of this scholarship program, is someone who:
- has worked for at least 5 and up to 20 years;
- is in a managerial, policy development or in a decision-making position; OR is a mid-career academic in a post-secondary academic institution, research institution or think tank;
- has at least two years of experience within the position; and,
- is not supervising more than 30 employees and/or a CAD 30 million budget per year.
People also read: International Scholarships For US Students 2022
- Description: Global Affairs Canada is offering short-term scholarships to mid-career professionals from member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) for professional development through short-term courses in Canada.
Scholarship candidatesCandidates, interested in this scholarship program should:
- make their interest known to their home institution;
- find out if there is an existing institutional collaboration or exchange agreement between their home institution and a Canadian institution;
- request information from their home institution about the application process and selection criteria specific to the Canadian partner institution; and
- ensure they meet the eligibility requirements.
Description: The Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) program provides students, from member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.