Employee assistance program
Estimated Salary Guide
- Not provided by employer
- $39.9K–$50.5K a year is the estimated salary for this role in Ayr, ON.
Full Job Description
Do you want a position that is poised for career progression?
Have you ever wanted to work for a three-time winning Canada’s top 50 best-managed company?
We listen and respect our employees and encourage them to make an impact. We love talent and people who are ready to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. If you’re looking to put your knowledge, experience, and passion into play, this is the place for you. We celebrate change, welcome your bold initiatives, and support you in bringing them to life.
Join the Techo-Bloc Team; where adventure and team spirit await you.
We are innovators at heart and love to roll up our sleeves, jump right in and get things done! We live to create and we invest in great ideas. We collaborate and support one another at all levels. Leave your ego at the door, because at Techo-Bloc we are all equals!
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Dryline Operator will be responsible for the safe and efficient production of the paver and block equipment on the finishing lines. This individual must be mechanically inclined and able to learn how to adjust, troubleshoot, repair and operate machinery in the facility. The chosen candidate will train on day or night shift.
- Lead a team of general laborers
- Operate production equipment to meet production needs while maintaining the highest product standards.
- Complete equipment set-up procedures, perform autonomous maintenance and preventive maintenance
- Use tools and measuring devices to maintain, adjust and repair equipment and maintain quality standards
- Accurately prepare all necessary production and maintenance reports on a daily basis.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy plant components using hoists and hand tools.
- Complete minor repairs on equipment and refers issues to maintenance to avoid production delays.
- Communicate any product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions to relieving operators and shift supervisors as part of the shift change procedure.
- Assist the PMO in daily operations and perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Follow established guidelines on policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role in a fast-paced manufacturing/industrial environment
- Strong commitment to safety
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to self-motivate, work autonomously and proactively
- Interpersonal Skills
- Availability to work flexible hours and overtime
- Flexibility, adaptability, organization skills, and professionalism
Why Join Techo-Bloc?
- Competitive salary
- Overtime opportunities
- Referral Bonuses
- Career path opportunities
- Group insurance plan after 3 months of service
- Company matching RRSP
- Free access to a virtual family doctor through virtual care
- Employee discounts on Techo-Bloc’s products
- Free Parking
- Family atmosphere
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP available 24/7)
This is a physically demanding position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (23kg). Manual dexterity, teamwork, hand-eye co-ordination, and a combination of sitting, standing, and walking required.
Techo-Bloc is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting new role in the manufacturing industry, we want to meet you; send your application now!
Techo-Bloc produces exceptional paving stones and retaining walls. Our facilities are operated by teams of the highest caliber with the latest technology to deliver superior products. Using the 5S and Kanban philosophies, we are dedicated to a manufacturing collaboration that supports running a “whole-minded” production system and an excellent way to promote improvement. We ensure our products are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful. With soon to be 9 manufacturing facilities (and counting), 30 international patents, and over 700 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. As we continue to expand, our team members are offered opportunities to professionally develop, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
The health and safety of our employees is important to us. To keep our staff safe, we’ve implemented safety guidelines in line with prevalent Ontario laws.