Estimated Salary Guide
- Not provided by employer
- $47.5K–$60.1K a year is the estimated salary for this role in Edmonton, AB.
Full Job Description
With over 115 years of experience, EMCO Corporation is a leading national wholesale distributor of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products to the construction industry. We provide quality and cutting-edge products that help support residential, commercial and infrastructure initiatives across Canada.
At EMCO Corporation, we are committed to providing sustainable solutions to our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Our talented and passionate team members are the key to our success. We empower our team members to act like owners and make a difference within our business through striving for innovation and providing excellence in customer service.
We offer a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are a team of enthusiastic individuals who are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customers we serve.
As an Express Counter person, you will provide sales support to customers who have called in advance to pick up their orders. You will provide the highest level of customer service by maintaining, stocking, and keeping a clean express counter area. In addition, you will provide support to customers by greeting them upon arrival, picking, and bringing their order to the counter or the dock. Support will also be provided to the Inside Sales and Outside Sales functions.
Additional duties will include:
- Assist customers who purchase material at the Profit Centre counters
- Drive sales growth through ownership of counter merchandising, product promotion, and generate leads for the Outside Account Manager while networking with customers at the counter
- Enter, pick, and pack sales orders generated at the counter
- Maintain and clean the counter area including any merchandising displays
- Inform the buyer when stocks levels are low
- Navigate and find a solution for customer concerns and complaints
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Profit Centre Manager
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with customer service or counter sales
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate math skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn how to operate material handling equipment
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Previous experience with or knowledge of plumbing and building products sold at the Profit Centre
- Ability to use the Internet as a resource to problem solve and find alternative solutions for customers
- Experience using Trend, Eclipse, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation is one of Canada’s largest integrated wholesale distributors of plumbing, HVAC, waterworks, and industrial products for the construction industry. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
In addition, we will offer you:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
- Work-life balance and flex time
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier-free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.