HARVEST/ KILL FLOOR
SOUDERTON, Pennsylvania, United States
Category Plant Operations and Support JBS USA Food Company in Souderton, PA
Supervise, evaluate and direct personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures. Stimulate maximum safety, efficiency, and productivity of production workers; ensure proper training of employees. Anticipate and determine causes of delays in shift operations and take appropriate actions to meet production schedules.
Apply company employee relations and union contract policies in all dealing with employees. Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized for efficient production. Arrange to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained (i.e., payroll, yields). Work closely with other production supervisors and management to promote efficiency and teamwork in each department and in-plant facility. Attend meetings as scheduled or called. Perform
- Describe necessary knowledge and skills, and the type and amount of formal schooling.
- Work experience normally acquired to attain
- Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent.
· Minimum 1-2 years’ background experience in handling products in the cooler (beef preferred) to learn about the various products that are produced
- Knowledge of products and their specifications is essential.
- Communication skills
· Ability to motivate workers
- Bilingual important, but not mandatory as long as translators are inline area.
- Insure the quality and yields of products on the line.
- Supervise all hourly employees on the line.
- Responsible for the safety and motivation of all employees supervised.
- Ensure that all products leaving the line area meet the required specifications.
- Prepare pre-operational paperwork and ensure the line is clean and sanitized before the day’s operations begin.
· Ensure the area is properly staffed to meet production needs.
· Prepare employee paperwork for all employees on the line.
· Job performance is measured by the Cooler superintendent: Cooler on such criteria as the overall productivity of the area and how well supervisor manages hourly employees.
- Understand and adhere to all union regulations in regard to hourly employees.
- Attend and give input at daily supervisor meetings within the fabrication and Harvest (Kill floor) areas.
- Run line’ meetings once a month for hourly employees.
- Responsible for administering follow-up training on all personnel
- Directly responsible for discipline procedures with hourly employees on the line. These may range from verbal warnings to terminations.
“The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.”