Shift & Schedule
Full Job Description
At Whole Foods Market, we’re committed to providing record-setting grocery delivery services to our Prime Now customers. This is a fast-growing program, and candidates who are passionate about our quality products and great customer service will be a great fit. We think you’ll agree that it’s a great time to join #TeamWFM.
As an In-Store Shopper, you’ll work on the Store Support team supporting Prime Now customer orders, preparing them for delivery and/or pickup.
While our offerings will continue to evolve, you’ll shop throughout our store for everyday goods, including food, household items, and so much more.
Having a flexible schedule is key to meeting our customer’s needs. We especially need Team Members who like to work on Saturday and Sunday – our busiest times of the week! Shoppers with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays are preferred.
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Applying For This In-Store Shopper (Online Orders) Role.
1. Apply – Read through the below. If interested, complete the application process.
2. Assessment – Check your email for a link to complete the Online Assessment. You will have 7-days to complete the assessment; however, we want to encourage you to complete it right away.
3. Offer – Our team will review your application and assessment. If you are selected, you will receive an Offer Letter via email. Make sure to Accept your Offer right away. The Offer Letter will contain information regarding your start date.
4. Background Check – Check your email to review and sign the consent forms to complete and submit your background check.
5. Start Date – Once your Background Check is completed satisfactorily, our store teams will be in contact with you to get you ready for your first day at Whole Foods Market.
- Team Members receive their schedule up to 3 weeks in advance
- Average shifts are 4-8 hours long
- Comfort using handheld technology (mobile) device to fulfill orders
- Fulfills online orders efficiently, accurately, and with a sense of urgency
- Detail-oriented, paying attention to product and order accuracy
- Eagerness to learn product knowledge, customer service standards, and store operations
- Ability to keep staging area organized and free of clutter
- Willingness to work in other departments of the store as required, e.g., customer service, cashier, grocery, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to read and speak basic English
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, stand/walk for at least 6 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- High School diploma or equivalent diploma
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours, sitting 1-4 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing, and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA-approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.