Estimated Salary Guide
- Not provided by employer
- $55.3K–$70.1K a year is the estimated salary for this role in Crossfield, AB.
Full Job Description
Powering a Thriving Future
Are you interested in being part of a company that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner, and being courageous and creative in everything we do? When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development, and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as challenging and enjoyable. With field operations in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan, we deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day which is comprised of 300,000 mcf/day of natural gas.
Come join our team for a thriving future!
Job Title: Plant Operator – RQ 22-62
TAQA North currently has an opportunity for a Plant Operator reporting to the Plant Foreman and Chief Power Engineer. The Plant Operator is responsible for ensuring maximum product recovery and maintenance of throughputs within license restrictions and that all products and gas meet specifications, day-to-day operation, inspection, maintenance, alteration, and repair of plant equipment. This is an entry-level position with the expectation that the successful candidate would progress through the training and competency program. The successful candidate would ultimately be relied upon to provide vacancy coverage in an Assistant Shift Engineer capacity once the necessary experience and competency are achieved.
As part of this challenging role, you will specifically be responsible for:
- Operating the plant within the Alberta Power Engineering Regulations (AR85) under the Alberta Safety Codes Act as an Assistant Engineer.
- Having a full working knowledge of plant equipment, operations, and monitoring facilities.
- Safe work permitting, coordinating, and supervision of work for maintenance and contracting crews.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory standards, policies, and procedures, including AER, OH&S, and ABSA as well as the TAQA North safe operating practices.
- Generating site-specific procedures for approval and review.
- Initiating changes to work routines where performance can be improved without sacrificing safety or product quality.
- Testing, sampling, the keeping of accurate records, and the preparation and submission of all necessary documents and reports, all in relation to the plant equipment.
- Following all of the Corporation’s rules, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Use personal protection equipment necessary to meet all current regulatory requirements and the Corporation’s health and safety policies.
- Promptly notify the Corporation of any breakdowns or defects in the plant equipment requiring replacement or repair, unsafe conditions, security problems, accidents, and incidents affecting health or safety or resulting in personal injury incidents resulting in impairment of the environment, incidents or losses to the plant equipment and third-party claims.
- Take whatever action that you consider reasonably necessary for the protection of life, health, property, and the environment in the event of fire, flood, storm, explosion serious accident, or other similar causes or any emergency.
- Operating instructions are normally well established however, judgment is utilized in the selection of work methods.
- Utilizing the established MOC process for any changes or improvements to plant equipment.
- The Plant Operator shall also provide such additional services in relation to the plant equipment as may be reasonably requested by the Plant Foreman and Chief Power Engineer.
- The expectation will be to eventually be fully competent to hold the Assistant Engineer designation in the facility.
- Skid loader and similar experience considered an asset.
- Minimum 4th class Power Engineers certificate of competency.
- Training and experience relevant to sour gas processing plant operations will be considered an asset.
- A valid Class 5 drivers’ license
- Self-motivation and be a team player
Type of Role
Operations, Production & Maintenance
Crossfield, AB. Canada