Full Job Description
The Service Technician is responsible for providing excellent customer service while servicing customer equipment. As a Service Technician, you will record the service request, successfully service equipment, and follow up with our customers on maintenance or concerns.
- Perform planned and preventative maintenance on company product lines and competitive equipment.
- Complete customer service breakdown calls and repairs as scheduled
- Prepare new equipment for installation and in-service
- Maintain customer records and profiles
- Prepare and complete customer work orders, warranty claims, and parts orders
- Build and maintain our good relationship with our customers, sales staff, and management
- Solve mechanical and electrical problems utilizing, electronic, and paper service manuals and manufacturers technical support personnel
- Actively foster key customer relationships and realize future growth potential
- Have a mechanical/electrical, or automotive background, training, or certification
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Strong Communication skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative and maintains excellent follow-through and follow-up
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in situations that involve change and/or competing demands
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient handling of all confidential and time-sensitive material
- Ability to stay within budget on expenditures
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Some travel required
- Some Overtime maybe required
New career… new opportunities! What are YOU waiting for?
Bunzl provides the food and retail packaging, cleaning supplies and equipment, safety products, and industrial packaging that keeps over 45,000 businesses in Canada running optimally, every day.
Bunzl plc is a global leader with sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, owns and operates more than 100 warehouses with over 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus suppliers.
At Bunzl, we want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you’ll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future. We know that our employees are our number one asset. That’s why we recruit and retain people who are passionate about delivering the very best for our customers. We provide opportunities for our employees to progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and aptitude.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits, including an RRSP with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, perceived race, ancestry, place of origin, national origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, social circumstances, political belief and/or source of income; or any other prohibited ground of discrimination as defined in the applicable Human Rights Legislation.