Estimated Salary Guide
- Not provided by employer
- $64K–$81K a year is the estimated salary for this role in Fort St. John, BC.
Subsidiary: Terus Construction Ltd.
Terus Construction Ltd. is an integrated road construction and materials manufacturing company that has been building roads in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory for over 30 years through decentralized business centers.
Road construction, asphalt paving, aggregate production, hot mix asphalt, and ready-mix concrete supply are the core activities. In addition, the Company acts as general contractor on civil construction projects, including excavation, utilities, concrete placement, sidewalks, and curbs, and in all kind of road construction related activities.
Over 800 jobs every year are performed through more than 20 decentralized business centers, such as highway rehabilitation, airport construction, industrial, municipal and commercial work, subdivisions. More than 550 employees are locally employed.
Terus Construction provides challenging and rewarding opportunities in an entrepreneurial, diverse, inclusive, and respectful work environment. As our growth creates new career opportunities, likely there is the right one for you!
DGS Astro Paving is a well-established construction company operating throughout Northern BC that specializes in Asphalt Paving and Civil Contracting. DGS is located in Fort ST John BC. We are in the heart of a booming oil and gas industry and home to the mega project Site C dam.
We have an opening within our organization for Skidsteer Operators.
DGS Astro Paving is committed to providing a safe work environment for all of our employees. DGS Astro Paving is a C.O.R. certified company with an excellent safety record.
If you are a hardworking, reliable individual, have experience in the above positions, and are interested in working with exceptional people and with an employer committed to its employees, please submit your resume and a brief letter telling us about yourself.
- Perform all skid steer duties, such as backfilling, excavating, rough and fine grading, under slab gravel supply and install
- Perform all pre and post-checks on all equipment
- Transport various materials and load/unload materials safely using the skid steer
- Perform all duties according to worksite locates, blueprints, and supervisor’s direction
- May be required to perform physical labor
- Maintain and clean equipment daily
- Secure all machine attachments
- Responsibilities vary depending on the project
- Must be able to communicate as a team and check-in with your Forman/Supervisors daily
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Skid Steer Operator (preferred)
- Must have finish grade experience
- Must be always safety conscientious
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Have a strong work ethic and an ability to work in a team setting
- Always able to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Able to work in all weather conditions
Terus Construction Ltd. offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization, including competitive salary and benefits package, along with in-house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements, including pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.