Estimated Salary Guide
- Not provided by employer
- $21.2K – $26.8K a year is the estimated salary for this role in Tennessee.
Report inaccurate salary
Position: Substitute Teacher
Summary: The Substitute Teacher provides services as an employee of PESG servicing various schools by providing instruction, encouraging the students, and managing the learning environment in a positive manner.
Essential Job Functions (note this is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position):
- Report to the office upon arrival, check out at end of the day
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times specified
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records of the day
- Plan, supervise and provide guidance for student(s), teacher aide(s), and volunteer(s)
- Use excellent professional judgment and discretion in supervising the class
- Assist students with any help they may need with their work
- Tidy up the classroom after the day has commenced
- Document any discrepancies that may have occurred throughout the day
- Follow lesson plans, make notations
- Be prepared to assist in other classrooms during on-duty prep hours or breaks
- Assist administrators in implementing the policies and procedures of the school to maintain a safe learning environment for the students
- Create and maintain respect and fairness to all students and staff
- Ability to address various learning techniques of students
- Maintain student confidentiality
- Ability to discipline students when necessary, following the established policies and protocol.
- Be aware of any school policy and procedures regarding lockdowns, fire drills, student discipline, etc
- Represent the District and PESG in a professional manner by performing all job functions at a satisfactory or above level.
- Interact with co-workers, administration, students, parents, and the community in a positive, supportive, and cooperative ways.
- Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested, consistent with reasonable expectations for the contracted position.
- Educational Requirements as required by each location and/or state.
- Must hold a valid Substitute Teacher Permit or certification, if required.
- Completion of the required Global Compliance Network training modules
- Must have the mental and physical ability to support the learning, health, and safety of the assigned students.
- Demonstrated record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication.
- Must meet criminal history background requirements (requires FBI Fingerprint and SOARS clearance).
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Occasional climbing of steps
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels
- Potential supervision of students outside in all types of weather.
Work Year, Hours & Compensation:
Per District Assignment
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in hiring, promotion, transfer, discharge, pay, benefits, and all other aspects of employment, without regard to age, height, weight, pregnancy, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by state and federal laws.